Visit our Website

Monday, April 26, 2010

You don't always get what you want!

Yes, it has been ages since I posted last. My journey to follow the DP&M-Krishna Das concert tour has long since come to an end. It was an incredible time to move through some painful experiences with the support of the mantra's and new friendships. So while we didn't get the opportunity to sell many t-shirts, we were blessed in ways I still can't quite comprehend or understand. You don't always get what you want, but you always get what you need. So much came to pass, it will takes a few posts to share.

The concerts were amazing. I was able to connect with the tour for the opening night in Seattle, where I was joined by Heather and Michael from Haiti Orphan Rescue Program. They are incredibly dedicated people with a passion for the children of Haiti. Heather brings her love of Presence to everything she does. They travelled with their two adorable labs to support themselves and their mission in Haiti. And of course there's Suzanne my friend from Seattle, who flowed with the ever changing current always ready to honor the moment.

The morning after the Seattle concert I spoke with my dear friend Bill. He told me that his body had begun rejecting food, and it was time for him to quit taking nourishment through his feeding tube. He said he wouldn't stop though, until I was home from my trip. If you have ever witnessed someone go through the dying process you know that to force food into a body that cannot process it is painful. The thought of my beloved friend suffering and waiting on me to be with him was too much. It was resolved quickly that we would be heading home, sooner than planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment